We’ll Coach You
On what it takes to be an Implementation Genius
For people who have had our Consent-Building training, and who are trying to put the SDIC/CPO strategy to work, we offer coaching to make sure they don’?t get stumped by a question or a problem that crops up and that we can help them overcome.
For clients who want to make use of this service, we execute a ?Coaching Agreement.? Then, when the client?s team is stumped by something, we not only try to get the team unstuck, but we do it in a ?coaching / mentoring way . . . i.e. so that the team learns to handle not just the problem at hand but problems like it.
A coaching relationship differs from a consulting relationship
When you hire consultants . . . (e.g. engineering consultants , medical consultants, accounting consultants, etc.), they perform the analysis, . . . the engineering, medical, accounting analysis . . . and then, based on that analysis, they advise you . . . (e.g. “Brace that tower with a 3-inch channel iron.” “Change your diet to avoid a second heart attack.” “Change to a last-in-first-out inventory accounting system,” etc.) . . .
Consultants, thus, use their expertise on your behalf, but they have no obligation to increase your skills and expertise. Consultants are problem-solvers, not teachers.
Coaches and mentors, on the other hand, are teachers…
Coaches look over your shoulder as you analyze your problems. Their advice is aimed to serve not just your immediate needs, it is aimed at developing your team?’s skills, your team?’s problem-solving expertise.
Can Coaching Help Our Team?
Get Mentored to Become an Implementation Genius
With our ?Coaching Agreement, you become an Implementation Genius yourself!Ideally, we coach and mentor you so that you are no longer dependent on us to understand how differently Implementation Geniuses accomplish their work. Instead, that understanding becomes second nature to you and your team.
Our Coaching / Mentoring works like this:
- Your team uses the SDIC/CPO methods for assessing the Citizen Participation (CP) Needs of the project the team is working on . . . i.e. the team uses the CP Needs-Assessment Worksheets (either the full 15-page set, or ?in an emergency ?the Life Preserver based quick-and-dirty short set).
- Your team uses its Consent-Building skills in designing and executing its CP Program.
- Your team shares enough background information with us so we, as coaches, get a pretty good idea of the project, who the Potentially Affected Interests are, and what the Issues are that have to be managed.
- We look over the team?s shoulders via:
- – relevant newspaper clippings
- – your completed copies of our 15 CP Worksheets
- – faxes, e-mail updates, etc.
- – periodic conference calls with the team
- – usually once per month… as well as in an emergency
- Then, we coach the team on how it can improve on its Consent-Building efforts
- – by phone
- – and/or a followup e-mail that outlines our advice
Is Your Mentoring Expensive?
We charge a rate that won?’t bust your budget! For 2010, it is $95/hour.
Just call (831-373-4292) or email Annemarie, and she will customize a coaching agreement to suit your needs.